What are these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently received some tools from my ag teacher and I have no idea what these are and he couldn’t tell me either. Any help would be appreciated

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
The first one looks like some kinda weird carpet stretcher thats missing pieces or something. Im gonna guess the second is some sort of clamp/filter pliers.

If you really want to find out you should sign up on garage journal and start a thread

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The first one is used to clean out the ring channel on pistons before you re-ring them. Not sure on the other one. I wanna say valve spring compressor for small engine applications.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
You got it correct Jack. Piston groove cleaner and a small engine valve spring compressor.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess all those years watching Grandpa in the shop as a kid paid off! It's been 30 years since I used a spring compressor like that, so I had to dig pretty deep in the memory bank for that. I have used the groove cleaner many times. Beats the heck out of using a piece of broken ring to get the cleaning done, which I have done many times too.