What are these for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
My wifes gpa got a 95 k1500 with floor shift 4x4. The 4x4 didnt work so I ordered him a new actuator. But i was curious what these 3 wires were for on the front diff?
You must be registered for see images attach
The actuator is a 2 wire

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well nevermind. I found out the actuator isn’t getting power. Probed the actuator itself and it popped out so thats good. Im going to check fuses and trace the 2 wire pigtail tomorrow. Im still curious as to what the plug with the 3 wires is if anyone can positively identify them.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well nevermind. I found out the actuator isn’t getting power. Probed the actuator itself and it popped out so thats good. Im going to check fuses and trace the 2 wire pigtail tomorrow. Im still curious as to what the plug with the 3 wires is if anyone can positively identify them.
That is the sensor that turns floor light on saying that the actuator has locked the front end...

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Found something.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Do you find anything like that for the 4x4 system going to the front diff? I made a new harness going to the actuator itself and its only showing 6-6.2v. The battery was measuring 12.3v when i probed the new harness. To ensure power. May haynes manual doesnt have a voltage spec for it.

spitanddirt

Reaction score
This is the schematic for my 1996. Also, my manual doesn't match my truck because there was an Tech Bulletin that upgraded the original THERMAL heated front axle actuator to a electric motor style. I think there was a short harness upgrade which is why my actuator now has a three pin connector instead of two as shown in the manual. My switch, however, still only has two wires coming from the case.

Last edited: