What are the clear tails going for these days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tails installed.
Actually look decent on that rig.

Found some similar ones for mine although the look is a little different and I like the blacked out backing inside. Using 6000K 2057 LEDs on mine. Hoping they are so bright it deters tailgaters at night. Express and Savanna vans use all 4 bulbs for running lights, the lowers for brake lights and the uppers for turn signals. Even on the dim mode, with 4 LEDs and LED license plate lights the back end should be highly visible. Also swapping the high mounts for LEDs as well. Finally I am swapping the headlights to LEDs and have had 4 hi mod for years. These idiots on two lane roads that won't dim their brights even when you blink your highs at them a couple of times are about to learn.

Wish they made identical looking ones for my 99 Tahoe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-19-14-52-57-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-06-19-14-52-57-1.png
    1,006.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20201215_095518.jpg
    20201215_095518.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually look decent on that rig.

Found some similar ones for mine although the look is a little different and I like the blacked out backing inside. Using 6000K 2057 LEDs on mine. Hoping they are so bright it deters tailgaters at night. Express and Savanna vans use all 4 bulbs for running lights, the lowers for brake lights and the uppers for turn signals. Even on the dim mode, with 4 LEDs and LED license plate lights the back end should be highly visible. Also swapping the high mounts for LEDs as well. Finally I am swapping the headlights to LEDs and have had 4 hi mod for years. These idiots on two lane roads that won't dim their brights even when you blink your highs at them a couple of times are about to learn.

Wish they made identical looking ones for my 99 Tahoe.
Yeah, I think white is the only color those tails look good on. I have a similar set to the ones you posted on my Yukon, I don't like them but they work, and I haven't done much with that truck anyway. They'll get replaced this fall probably, the Yukon will be getting some love.
I have LED's all around now except the fender markers, and I have them sitting ready to go. I do want to wire the headlights better and do a 4HI mod.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lights look good, your custom crease in the tailgate - not so much :anitoof:
Yeah, backed that ***** right into a tree a couple years ago. It'll get fixed along with the rest of the bodywork, probably next winter. I have a couple of spare gates, but both have the Chevy band, and one's green. I figure the dented one is the best for now.