What are the clear tails going for these days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know they don't come up often at all, and I'm not trying to start a bidding war or anything on the forum. Just an honest question of what they're selling for. I've got a set I don't want to give away, but I'm not trying to retire on 'em, either. It's tough for me to actually decide whether or not they're gonna stay here or be sold.

I know Klearz has those $250 lenses that you have to hack onto your own housings and reflectors, they also mention something about a ready-to-go set where someone else does it for you but it's not clear as to whether that is the $250 price or it costs more.

Anyway.. ideas? These are used but in very good condition.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks
Richard

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you supposed to use red bulbs or something? I'm familiar with amber bulbs but not red ones. Or just LEDs?

I bet they look cool on some of the lowered stuff, especially if it has custom paint.

I'd add the cost of an OEM tail lamp housing, to the cost of the clear lenses, and that's probably your fair market value. Not sure you'll get that for 'em though.

Anyway, here's a very similar set on eBay for $150, so I'd say that's probably about what they're worth.
EDIT: I THINK THESE ARE THE ONES YOU REFERENCED IN YOUR MAIN POST MY BAD.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2650801138...QmkCL3XeDuOf2H6iM5gVhEVu0LCIrolkaAg72EALw_wcB

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested, but I can't buy em and sell em, so you're gonna have to put a number on what they're worth to you.
Don't ask me what I want to give you for em, I don't WANT to give you ****! I am however willing to part with some green foldy spendy money to acquire them.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
EEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Ahem** Err. Ummm. Ahem** Not my style.
:cool::D
They ain't for everybody, that's for sure :D

Are you supposed to use red bulbs or something? I'm familiar with amber bulbs but not red ones. Or just LEDs?

I bet they look cool on some of the lowered stuff, especially if it has custom paint.

I'd add the cost of an OEM tail lamp housing, to the cost of the clear lenses, and that's probably your fair market value. Not sure you'll get that for 'em though.

Anyway, here's a very similar set on eBay for $150, so I'd say that's probably about what they're worth.
EDIT: I THINK THESE ARE THE ONES YOU REFERENCED IN YOUR MAIN POST MY BAD.
Yep, back in the day, red bulbs. These days, red LED's.

I think they look best on lighter color trucks, like my old '92 which was Caddy clipped and painted Caddy White Diamond. I ran them on my black '94 too, though.

Those are indeed the lens-only Klearz you posted an auction link for. Someone got 'em for way cheaper than Klearz sells them for! Still $150 seems like a lot for just lenses that you still have to hack onto your own housings. F that... (and F $250 for the lenses alone, too)

I'm interested, but I can't buy em and sell em, so you're gonna have to put a number on what they're worth to you.
Don't ask me what I want to give you for em, I don't WANT to give you ****! I am however willing to part with some green foldy spendy money to acquire them.
I do love me some cashy green spendy moneys...I'll PM you.

About 150
That's what someone just paid for the crummy lenses alone. :D

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
$300+ easy. I have next to no interest in these, but as a fellow collector of obscure GMT400 lenses I appreciate the rarity. I have some of the Sonar euro amber corners for GMC grilles and I can't imagine selling any sets for less than that considering they don't exist anymore.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$300+ easy. I have next to no interest in these, but as a fellow collector of obscure GMT400 lenses I appreciate the rarity. I have some of the Sonar euro amber corners for GMC grilles and I can't imagine selling any sets for less than that considering they don't exist anymore.
See, you're one of those rich collector type cats who drive the prices up for us regular working stiffs.....:biggrin::biggrin:

I'm kidding, but it ****** me off when that **** happens. It's that way with square bodies right now.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The few times I tried to get a set on fleabay they went for around 300$. Bit high imo but that's what people pay.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
See, you're one of those rich collector type cats who drive the prices up for us regular working stiffs.....:biggrin:

Well you're right about part of that statement, I do tend to collect stuff. If I like something there's a good chance I'll end up with more than one of it. Maybe if I sold some things I could make a little progress towards getting rich... :lol:

I do understand the frustration that comes with people asking crazy prices and I didn't mean to highball an item you were interested in, but OP asked and like Skeletal mentioned that's what I've seen them going for recently.