What are Common A/C and Heater Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have actuators form a 94 that have one extra pin than my 89. I haven't determined if they'll work because I have a wiring issue to fix first.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm supposed to, but my truck has no heater valve. I looked it up a while back. Both heater hoses go straight from the water pump to the heater core.

You’re correct, it was only on the SUVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I used a mini ratchet. tight space, but you can do it without pulling anything. three screws. Make sure you get the right actuator. I believe up to '90 (AC w/o 'max air' button) they had 5 pins whereas the later models with the 'max air' button had different pins.

I just pulled out the old air door actuator on my '96. Wow what a job, the top screw. I had to get my camera scope looking down on it through the glove box just to see it and work through the camera. Hoping the screw finds its way back in new actuator easily.