What am I missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear brake line rusted through and I replaced it with a stainless steel one from LMC. Checked all fittings and all is sealed, no more leaking brake fluid. Properly bled the brakes, steady stream on each wheel. Pedal isn’t as stiff as it was and the brake light will come on when pushed all the way to the floor. If you push it down fast the brake light will go off and pedal is stiffer but go and press it again it’ll feel soft and light will come back on.

I’m lost on this one. Drive down the road and slam on brakes feels like only the fronts are braking. At least on gravel they’re the only ones that slid. No ABS light as I can tell, the bulb might not even be in for all I know.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as the bulb goes, turn your key to on but don't start it, all of your dash lights should come on, if one doesn't you need to replace the bulb. You might need someone to bleed the ABS with the GM scan tool.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as the bulb goes, turn your key to on but don't start it, all of your dash lights should come on, if one doesn't you need to replace the bulb. You might need someone to bleed the ABS with the GM scan tool.
Shoot I completely over looked that. I don’t pay attention anymore when I turn the key on. I bet that is pricey for a shop to do.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Non abs issue. Light works and stays off after start up. Looked at the MC and looked as if it could’ve been the issue leaking down. Replaced that and while bleeding the brakes made it to the drivers caliper only to find it was seized. All said and done the issue is resolved.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

jdla140

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like brake fluid is making its way out of your master, It's eating paint off the booster. I've replaced tons of masters on GMT400's, fairly common for them to fail

I would first try to activate the ABS a few times and re bleed, you may have just spilled a little brake fluid. But a quick hit making the brakes feel firm, and a slow application making them feel squishy is usually evident of a bad master.

rangrayy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured it was time to change it out. 262k on the dash might as well safe than sorry.