What a $40,000 GMT 400 apparently looks like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian5365437

Reaction score
I actually looked at this in person when I was at that dealer recently. I'm not saying its worth that price, but it does look brand freaking new. The story they told me was a Chevy dealer gave the truck as a gift to his son, the son got a DUI shortly thereafter. So he took it back and put it in storage, where it sat ever since.

HoneyBadger

Reaction score
I actually looked at this in person when I was at that dealer recently. I'm not saying its worth that price, but it does look brand freaking new. The story they told me was a Chevy dealer gave the truck as a gift to his son, the son got a DUI shortly thereafter. So he took it back and put it in storage, where it sat ever since.
Haha, maybe but that makes no sense. :)

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep yer comments to yourselfs! They dont have to sell it.
You probably dont even deserve to look at it.
In fact, you should all stay home.
You cant afford that Nebraska Ferrari and they already smoked the whole bag when they wild ass made up the price.
Quite possibly the worst car marketing Ive ever seen.
Nice truck.
It might hit 18 at auction on a crazy day. Maybe a bit more
Ive seen people loose their minds over a lot lesser vehicles.
But it aint gonna hit that in Nebraska.
And whatever dope wrote that add needs to turn in his white shoes and plaid jacket.
He is a disgrace to the entire smarmy cringey used car world and should be stripped of his dealer plate

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep yer comments to yourselfs! They dont have to sell it.
You probably dont even deserve to look at it.
In fact, you should all stay home.
You cant afford that Nebraska Ferrari and they already smoked the whole bag when they wild ass made up the price.
Quite possibly the worst car marketing Ive ever seen.
Nice truck.
It might hit 18 at auction on a crazy day. Maybe a bit more
Ive seen people loose their minds over a lot lesser vehicles.
But it aint gonna hit that in Nebraska.
And whatever dope wrote that add needs to turn in his white shoes and plaid jacket.
He is a disgrace to the entire smarmy cringey used car world and should be stripped of his dealer plate
Everything you said is true. But like all other things, it'll only take one guy with a ton of dough who loves 400s to pay it. It'll start small, but it'll turn into a snowball and before we know it, a $4,000 turns into a $8,000 truck, then so on and so on. Then us regular guys will be priced out of the market.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The price of our trucks will definetly keep increasing. No doubt about it.
I used to buy square bodies and flip them all the time for under 1500 bucks and that was only about 12 years ago.
Because nobody wanted them. They were just old worn out trucks
Try to find a 1500 dollar square these days.
If that dont break yer heart try this.
When i was in high school back in the last century, I drove a 1969 roadrunner 383 bucket console car. I paid 250 bucks for it. My friend drove a 1963 impala 409 4 speed bucket console car. he paid 800 bucks
Another friend drove a 1969 charger se he was big money. 1200 bucks
We all drove cars like that
Because nobody wanted them. They were just worn out gas hogs that our parents stuffed in the backyard during the 1970s when they bought pintos and vegas and gremlins.
And we raced the crap out of those cars and blew em up and sent them to the crusher.
Now, we gather together a few times every year to kick each other in the ass over it.
Keep your cars and trucks kids.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used to buy square bodies and flip them all the time for under 1500 bucks and that was only about 12 years ago.
When i was in high school back in the last century, I drove a 1969 roadrunner 383 bucket console car. I paid 250 bucks for it. My friend drove a 1963 impala 409 4 speed bucket console car. he paid 800 bucks
Because nobody wanted them. They were just worn out gas hogs that our parents stuffed in the backyard during the 1970s when they bought pintos and vegas and gremlins.
And we raced the crap out of those cars and blew em up and sent them to the crusher.
Now, we gather together a few times every year to kick each other in the ass over it.
I'm 28 l, so long past the old school muscle car days. But enough relatives around to tell your same stories. But I cam still remember a time of these obs trucks being bought cheap. My dad has bought and flipped dozens of them. My first truck was a 97 gmc, scsb, 2wd v6. 142k miles and razor straight. This was in 2007, so it really was one of the nicest examples of those trucks outside of your custom show truck. Gave $2500 for it. That truck today, even with a v6 would probably command an absurd price. Definitely not 40k, but a decent amount. It's crazy what is thought of as turds become polished gems. Had an old boss with a 383 4spd 69 super bee. Paid 300 and punched s hole in the block. One hole in the block later, sold THE WHOLE DAMN CAR for $50.

You must be registered for see images attach

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
It’s partially the trucks, but more concerning is the value of our dollar. In the past 20 years our Lovely Bush / Obama / Trump administration has printed $20+ trillion new greenbacks out of thin air. Think about it...everything is more expensive on a relative, nominal basis. And world fiat currencies have done the same thing to keep up with USD. Just numbers, means nothing.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lmao, I drove a 70 Challenger 383 and the Mom's drove a Gremlin, Dad a Beetle in the mid mid 80's.

I could kick my own ass, the cars we banged up blew up and parted out lol

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s partially the trucks, but more concerning is the value of our dollar. In the past 20 years our Lovely Bush / Obama / Trump administration has printed $20+ trillion new greenbacks out of thin air. Think about it...everything is more expensive on a relative, nominal basis. And world fiat currencies have done the same thing to keep up with USD. Just numbers, means nothing.
Man, you are dead on. I'm glad you pointed out the blame being a two party problem, because it definitely is. Wages have not stayed on pace with increasing cost of living. Years ago, a man could work at a job, climb the ladder and afford a new car every 3-5 years, own a home, send a couple kids to college and retire with a good pension after 20-30 years. All the while making a pretty good living. That man did all of that with a wife staying home. She was definitely working, but not necessarily bringing in a paycheck. It's really sad how the middle class has slowly eroded over the past thirty years.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lmao, I drove a 70 Challenger 383 and the Mom's drove a Gremlin, Dad a Beetle in the mid mid 80's.

I could kick my own ass, the cars we banged up blew up and parted out lol
My pops had a 68 c10, short bed 2wd, factory big block 396. Came with a/c, power steering and power brakes. I'm fairly certain about the power steering. The demise of that truck was when he put diesel in it at a store that had just installed diesel pumps but you couldn't distinguish them from the gas pumps. Fried the motor and he sold it for a couple hundred bucks. That's been thirty years ago and he still talks about that truck.