What a $40,000 GMT 400 apparently looks like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looks great, 40k chump change to many, can't buy one new, so worth a shot.
new trucks running 50-80k?? now that's a rip off.
maybe us GMT400 owners are ahead of the curve like the mopar guys were, :)

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I love a GMT400 like everyone else on here, but c'mon. I paid $36k for my 2017 Z71 brand new and it has a crap ton of creature comforts. All that said, I get why it's posted for 40k, because he doesn't want to sell it, but wouldn't turn down that much $$ I don't blame him one bit!

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
40k I'd sooner buy one with 100k on the odometer and build it far better that gm did. But somewhere out there is probably a nostalgia nut with the money to spend. Nice truck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Suburban was just shy of $40K in '97. I'd say it was money well spent. 23 years in the family and 160K miles later, still going strong. I don't have much faith in any of the newer stuff lasting that long.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

That said, I wouldn't pay sticker price for a GMT400 regardless of condition. It is neat to see people appreciating these trucks more but I don't think they'll reach that level of collector status for a while. I'm not mad at the guy for trying, though.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they have to ask people not to criticize...

That said, I bought my stepside because I knew it was at the bottom of the depreciation curve, and now that squarebodies are starting to trend, these trucks aren't too far behind. GMT400s are a far better truck than the squarebodies and easier to work on - far less "wiggle it and shim it to fit" crap. He's asking a ten-year-from-now price for that truck.