what’s the best trans cooler to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we got a 92 k2500 and need a cooler, what models and brands have y’all had the most success with?
You could buy one new………..orrrrr go to a pick and pull, and get one for cheap that works just as well. That’s what we did with my moms excursion. We went and got a 6.0 transmission cooler and it works just fine. I know there are other people here who have done the same on these trucks.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
If you buy a used one flush it out completely. If you want a new one look into the Tru-Cool 40k coolers there is a guy that makes/modifies the hood latch brackets to fit them with all stock components (condensor, radiator, etc.).

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't want to deal with moving anything to fit the giant TruCool 40K, the TruCool M7B is a decent upgrade over the factory AUX cooler and will fit in the same spot with just some minor trimming of the factory brackets and a couple fitting adapters. Thread on that here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-factory-auxiliary-trans-cooler-upgrade.18104/

The TruCool M7B is the exact same product as the B&Ms mentioned in the OP, even made by the same company. Just much less expensive.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't want to deal with moving anything to fit the giant TruCool 40K, the TruCool M7B is a decent upgrade over the factory AUX cooler and will fit in the same spot with just some minor trimming of the factory brackets and a couple fitting adapters. Thread on that here:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-factory-auxiliary-trans-cooler-upgrade.18104/

The TruCool M7B is the exact same product as the B&Ms mentioned in the OP, even made by the same company. Just much less expensive.

This looks exactly like what I got from the junkyard, manufactured by Long just like the original. Biggest cooler you can fit on stock mounts without interfering with the center core support bracket. I can't see the need for anything bigger.