Whaddya want for free

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiskeyTango93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I've worked these damned trucks for years. I love the simplicity and stubborn reliability of TBI & GM's general engineering that went in the GMT 400 platform. ( there was some suck, too) Last year , I saved this POS from a trip to the scrapper from my old boss, because, a fella needs a good ol pickup that he's not afraid to use.
I present to you, the truck that nobody wanted.
1993 Chevrolet 1/2 ton longbed 4.3/ 4l60e 2WD W/T
Manual windows & locks.
....at least it has A/C and blue interior.
What I've done:
4" ebay spindles, 1" rear blocks ,31" BFG's
Changed over to 17 x9 Black steelies
Free 255/70r17 Goodyears
Silverstar headlights (Fawk Chinese conversion housings, if you're going to change over, fork out the $)
TBI injector spacer, new delco IAC and tps.
Some pictures from when i got it, one as it sits today.

Last edited:

WhiskeyTango93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all, I actually love the longbed for what it is & the extra wheelbase really helps the ride. The 4.3 does not appreciate the 32's, so i may re-gear this spring. Maybe go overkill to 4.56's
When i bought the wheels, i forgot to order center caps. The stock plastic caps actually worked out pretty well. I like the look.

Last edited:

WhiskeyTango93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all, I actually love the longbed for what it is & the extra wheelbase really helps the ride. The 4.3 does not appreciate the 32's, so i may re-gear this spring. Maybe go overkill to 4.56's
When i bought the wheels, i forgot to order center caps. The stock plastic caps actually worked out pretty well. I like the look.

Bacon_Drizzle

Reaction score
Maybe you could help me with my suburban. I have a 96 k2500 gmc suburban and my number 9 fuse blows as soon as I turn on my headlights. It cuts out my instrument panel lights and my taillights. Is there any common spots for the wiring to get shorted out or something

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could help me with my suburban. I have a 96 k2500 gmc suburban and my number 9 fuse blows as soon as I turn on my headlights. It cuts out my instrument panel lights and my taillights. Is there any common spots for the wiring to get shorted out or something

I personally would start by double checking your light switch.... maybe process of elimination if you have an extra.