Whacko Wipers On My '97 K3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wipers on my truck seem to have a mind of their own.
Sometimes they won't turn on.
Sometimes they don't want to turn off right away. Turn them off from full on or a delay position and they keep going for several more times before stopping.
Turn/twist the lever backwards for a single pulse wipe and they go anywhere from 2 to 10 times before shutting off.
Same with the washer, they don't turn off as they should.
Washer squirter is also intermittent. It may work, then next time you drive the truck they do nothing.

All of this to ask if this sounds like a motor deal or something else?
Just wanted to check before replacing the motor.
Thanks.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
It's probly the circuit board. Like a $10 fix if that. Sorry it won't let me put the link in. Stupid. Called pulse board.

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bad wiper control module. CARDONE 81158PB $37 on rock auto. It will work fine. GM part is $135. The aftermarket works fine. When you install it clean up the contact wheel on the motor. It is usually caked up with excess grease and dirt.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd try reflowing the solder on the original board.
I've "fixed" three boards so far with nothing but re-flowing solder on the six large tabs.

You must be registered for see images attach

The solder joints at lower right side, near the molded-plastic connector. Re-flow NOTHING under the red-ish plastic coating.

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've "fixed" three boards so far with nothing but re-flowing solder on the six large tabs.

You must be registered for see images attach

The solder joints at lower right side, near the molded-plastic connector. Re-flow NOTHING under the red-ish plastic coating.
I ordered a replacement for $16 but will redo the original and save as a spare. Fits both trucks.