Weird vibration that comes and goes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
1998 I tried to quote your thread but the fracking adds covered the insert quote window....

That was my thoughts also on the tires going in and out of phase. The truck came with a "cheap" set of tires and one of them took 3 1/2 ounces to balance. The vibration can go on for 10 miles or more and disappear for one mile then come back again. Rounding curves doesn't seem to make much difference. I'm wondering if one is slightly out of round????

It's just a goofy thing. My gut tells me it's tire related but I'm going to check that driveshaft angle also.

Thanks everybody for all the input. Oh the joys of owning a 32 year old vehicle! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ken
Yup, the things we're willing to endure to avoid a truck payment.....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
YUP! BUT... $10K to fix up a "nice" older vehicle or $60K for new. Pretty easy choice for me. My labor is worth zero dollars so that is a plus.

Ken
Yes, this is how I feel too! And when we get something fixed, with our skills and things we learn from here, there's a sense of accomplishment too. Especially if the fix stays fixed!