Weird AC problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have a spare control panel? It looks like it isn’t modulating the signal voltage to the actuator.

Mrozu

Reaction score
unfortunately no. is there some way to check it before I'll buy new one? here in Poland it's not that easy to find it so probably I'll end up buying on RockAuto and over there it is expensive, but new.

Mrozu

Reaction score
it's me again ;) is buying something like this and replacing it will fix my problem?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mrozu

Reaction score
so I bought a new (used) panel and readings on white wire are exactly the same. am I this lucky, that I bought another that has potentiometer broken identically?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Seems unlikely but anything is possible.

What is your voltage on the brown wire at the harness on the panel? Cavity 5, Circuit 141…it should be battery voltage with ignition on. See if there is any damage at the wire or if the connector is melted.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does your temperature door work correctly? See if you can watch the notched dial while adjusting temperature.

If you have battery voltage to the panel but (nearly) a fixed signal voltage at the actuator, then to me it’s either the panel or you have damage in the white wire between the panel and the actuator connector.

Mrozu

Reaction score
yes, temp door work correctly. I'm thinking about buying potentiometer and just putting new wires.