Weight Reduction...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally weighed mine.
Kinda dissapointed tho.
4100#
I'll have to go check it at another scale one day.

The turbo, 4L80E, 4" stainless exhaust, Intercooler, and toolbox doesn't help much tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Helium fill those tires!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Helium fill those tires!

Bear with me while I nerd out here. Even if that reduced his weight by 100# (yes I'm exaggerating) his mass would remain the same and thus his quarter mile times. Might help on thin ice though. Weightless objects in space still have momentum when they crash into something for this same reason.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bear with me while I nerd out here. Even if that reduced his weight by 100# (yes I'm exaggerating) his mass would remain the same and thus his quarter mile times. Might help on thin ice though. Weightless objects in space still have momentum when they crash into something for this same reason.
GEEEEK!!!

bsn1989

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things got busy while I was gone! ha

Not going to compromise safety, no way. Front bumper stays. Going to work on removing the sound deadening from the truck. There probably wont be that much since this is essentially a W/T with the rubber floor mats. Not ready to ditch all the speakers yet.

Could go with lighter seats but these buckets are just too comfy.

Possibly remove some under hood bracing and holesaw/dimple the radiator support.

Already have the smaller gas tank, 25 gallon. Not wanting to go fuel cell because I like being able to drive many miles without stopping for fuel.