Website Facelift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm on, and always use, a computer (a work computer LOL) so I can't speak to the mobile part.

I have the iOS tapatalk app but honestly its garbage IMO.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone else notice the major facelift to the site? Not sure if I like it yet, I miss where the "today's posts" and "new posts" buttons were, but I think it could make it a little less confusing for new members to get around the forum.

Has there been any official posting about this? I haven't seen anyone mention it official or unofficial.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I also just noticed that if you're viewing a thread the new "new posts" button disappears, so if you're viewing a thread there is no way to jump back to the "new posts" tab.

Its all under "Whats new" Tab now. If you were to click on the What's New tab, it will take you to today's posts, even if you viewed that post. When you get to the drop down of "What's New", there you will see New Post. It shows on every page....

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Is Tapatalk still supported?

The new format looks like it makes it easy to post photos. Nice feature.

Sorry, Tapatalk will no longer be available on GMT400. Its a security risk and I'm also down with messing with them. Ever since the first update to Xenforo(the forum software), they really weren't needed anymore due to the site being responsive(the site being able to fit in a screen size). So if you haven't checked out the site in a mobile browser, you should as it looks pretty good.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking the transition is easy as pie. I like it. things could be so much worse, I know this is an old site and I assume a lot of it was built by hand. that makes it hard to make big changes like this while still being modern and compatible with the servers and what not. I was a part of a forum that was entirely hand built and she was forced to upgrade to a new system and there was no way she could migrate the database over. she shut it down and walked away stress free.

So I know how hard this can be and I'm so glad the people on the other side are gettin R Done!

Kudos to all involved!

Al

What site was that?