Wavy fender flares.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottywiley

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rear passenger flare is wavy. Almost like it got hot or something. Is there any way to fix this? I’d like to repaint them flat black anyway. But I’m sure not going to paint them when the rear one looks like a roller coaster. Couldn’t find any flares at all at upullit yard here. I can sand the other ones and make them look ok I think.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Scotty

Brittin

Reaction score
The wave seems to be more apparent with the matte black flares.
Almost as if they have expanded over time.
The OE paint matched flares don't seem to have this problem.
The factory matte black flares on my truck are doing the same wave thing on my k3500.
I haven't found much online about replacements.
Can't just remove them, because of the holes. And i don't want bigger aftermarket crap flares.
I'll be looking for a paint matched set, then repaint to match my truck.
I wonder if a set from a Suburban will fit? Tahoe's won't because of the rear door.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All of them get wavy, the black may be worse because of heat. You could build them back up with a plastic repair material but it will be expensive and time consuming.
I have done a few in matte black texture with Flextex from Polyvance.
The matte and texture helps hide the waves a little.

scottywiley

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wave seems to be more apparent with the matte black flares.
Almost as if they have expanded over time.
The OE paint matched flares don't seem to have this problem.
The factory matte black flares on my truck are doing the same wave thing on my k3500.
I haven't found much online about replacements.
Can't just remove them, because of the holes. And i don't want bigger aftermarket crap flares.
I'll be looking for a paint matched set, then repaint to match my truck.
I wonder if a set from a Suburban will fit? Tahoe's won't because of the rear door.
I just found multiple sets of flares on Amazon. They say got 99-06 Chevrolet and gmc. I just ordered a set. So guess we’ll see