Water Pump Relacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Hi Guys, how can i test my thermostat?
I want know if he's broken or not.
There is a solution for that?
Thank's.

It can be stuck open or stuck closed. If it's stuck open, you'll never reach proper operating temp and your MPG will suffer. If it's stuck closed, you risk overheating. If you have a 165 degree thermostat and your coolant temp never reaches 165, it's stuck open. If your coolant reaches 165, then keeps climbing without ever dropping, it's stuck closed.

Either way it should be replaced. A quality AC Delco or Stant is only a couple bucks.

Is it me or are the pictures broken?

Not just you, either the account was purged or deleted.

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dumb question time: Anti-seize on the water pump bolts? Just did mine, didn't use it, paranoia is seeping in...

rook

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The bolts enter the water jacket

I mean these bolts - do these need thread sealant, or anti seize, or anything else? I've got RTV on the gaskets, just nothing on the bolts to the pump. Told you this was the dumb question, "water jacket" isn't quickly identifiable on the old "google machine" dictionary...
You must be registered for see images attach

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
The bolt holes go completly thru the block and the back of the bolts touch the water. They are usually ok by themselves. If they start leaking around the bolts, pull them out one at a time, thread seal them, and put them back in. Problem solved without removing anything.