Wanted: Bucket seat tracks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I just got my hands on a set of 454ss bucket seats. I have the 60/40 bench seats now. I'm pretty sure I can use some of my tracks from the 60/40. I just would like to have my hands on a set of tracks; just in case.

Thanks,

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
So you did score those seats! That's good, since they'll look great in your truck. They looked nice in the picture you posted....

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are great looking seats, they'll look nice in your truck. However, pretty certain they are not 454SS seats. The 454SS seats had a different seat back release mechanism that looked like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

Best guess is that they are from a Suburban or four door truck.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Those are great looking seats, they'll look nice in your truck. However, pretty certain they are not 454SS seats. The 454SS seats had a different seat back release mechanism that looked like this:

I think you may be right. The listing said "454 SS style". They were completely redone. So they should be nice. I just need the tracks now and a nice console.

The seller said they were from a 93 1500 sport. So, IDK.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Right now, my truck has 60/40 split bench. Will the tracks from the bench fit on to the buckets that I have?

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The outer risers & tracks from your split bench should bolt right up as well as the driver side inner riser & track. Not sure about the inner passenger riser & track as I've never messed with a split bench but if it looks the same as the rest of the hardware I think they'll all work.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My curiosity got the best of me. I looked at some videos of 454SS trucks and it looks as though the 90 and 91 trucks came with the style of seats pictured. They also did not have arm rests. For 92 and 93 it looks as though the seat design changed to match the seats that you bought where the seat back release has a plastic cover over the release handle and they also came with arm rests. So, you very well may have SS seats after all. That's the cool thing about these trucks, get to learn something new all the time!