Want a Camper Top

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for a camper shell to fit an 88-00 crew cab long bed truck.

I know the single cabs have a different angle on the cab, so I’d prefer one made for a crew cab, not sure about the extended cabs, which would only matter if it’s fiberglass, if it’s a metal commercial style top they’re all the same. But I’d look at anything if it’s nice.

I’ve had a couple used tops in the past and I’m looking for something nice, not just something to get me by...something worth painting if it doesn’t match.

Ideally I’d like a mid to high rise I. Indigo blue top, but cab-hi will work if that’s all I can find. I’m learning these tops are getting harder to find and they only make them in a few styles new and only a couple company’s even make them new anymore.

I live right outside of Chattanooga TN. I’m willing to travel for the right topper.

Fiberglass or commercial metal shells will work, just looking for a nice one.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks,
Dylan

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to let you know, the regular cab and crew cab have the same rear cab angle, and will fit right up, extended cabs are the ones that are different.

But I did find a few listings here in Missouri, but unfortunately all of the long bed toppers are already mounted on trucks for sale.

If I see one for sale individually, I'll keep you in mind

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I’m not to proud to ask folks if they have any interest in selling their topper separate from the truck. So folks have better luck without it or some folks don’t want them with the truck cap either. If you see something worth a try, send the link on over.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Toppers will indeed be the same on either cabs. I was able to fit a short bed GMT800 fiberglass topper from a standard cab and it fit my 98's x-cab short bed with no issues. The GMT400 and GMT800 toppers pretty much interchange with each other... as far as I know.

BowtieJC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive been looking for over a year to find one for my 96 CCLB. found one close by and i was on my way to get it and he called and said he had dropped it off his rack and broke it. dang it. so still looking.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally found one. Took patience, but it paid off. Really nice used topper, super pumped.

You must be registered for see images attach

that pic makes me miss my 99 c3500 cclb, mine was even the same blue

damn double post

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally found one. Took patience, but it paid off. Really nice used topper, super pumped.

You must be registered for see images attach

Are you going to paint it to match the truck

DTrain

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I plan to at some point. I’ve been debating on freshening up the whole truck actually.