VSS on SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not get the VSS parts off a 241? IIRC they bolt on to the 208.
I’m down to do that. I am not aware that would be possible. Kinda why I posted in here. The VSS on passenger drop 241s was offered in squarebodys and had the 2pulse signal. Are we talking these 241s since I’m using a square body np208 or will the later driver drop np241s work as well. Because I’m dumb and don’t see that working.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both trucks used the 7747 ECM so don’t see how the pulse would be different. Check out ORD’s SAS stuff, they have a lot of info on this stuff. Pirate used to but that site sucks anymore…..

Hamps

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both trucks used the 7747 ECM so don’t see how the pulse would be different. Check out ORD’s SAS stuff, they have a lot of info on this stuff. Pirate used to but that site sucks anymore…..
No I understand they are the same ECM. I guess the point I was trying to make was that the placement of the vss is a bit different. I’m still using the mechanical np208. As far as what I understand or just wrenching knowledge is that I’ve never seen an np208 that was vss.
The vss I purchased from Howell provides a good signal but I will have to wire it directly into the cluster at this point to get it to work.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
241 got the VSS, only for 2 years maybe with pass drop. No 208 VSS. Long as it works lol