Votec head tbi conversion still going strong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
880 4 bolt main Mexico block and 906 Mexico heads.q jet to vortec heads intake with a Transdapt adapter. Just a regular 350 tbi with the 55# injectors was running a 454 tbi with 74# but it kept overloading the fuel pump. I'm going edelbrock 600 this weekend if I ever go efi again might as well just use TPI or a holley steath ram.

You have to have the tbi reprogrammed.I didn't because I'm not running this tbi suff for much longer.

The tbi also interferes with the fastburn function on these heads without a proper tune.

The tbi runs out of air and fuel at about 4500 at 10 -12 psi.

I gapped my plugs at first to .045 it didn't like that. so 0.35 I went and that solved some problems I was having at the time.

Now one good thing with tbi and vortec heads the gas mileage shot waaaay up I can go 4 days now on 20 bucks just driving back and fourth to work and my work is 15 miles away.

Now timing I have mine at 7 degrees base timing because it's right where the vortec injection likes to stay come to find out.

Now if I give it about half throttle the injectors will cough out a tad with a little backfire but it picks back up quickly for me it's bearable. But like I said if you plan to run tbi get a proper tune I can't stress that enough. It would be good to start with these mods.9c1 cop car Injectors and an 18 psi adj fuel pressure regulator.

I've noticed that even with no tune the tbi and v heads climb the upper power curve more quickly as well.

I guess as far as any TRAPS .I didn't get that 600 dollar GMPP intake. When the 140 intake and adapter DIY special works just as good if not better.

My build thread from my old account should still be on there blew the 400 up is what it was called. Oh and I want apologize to on behalf of my cousin. That dude got jealous of me and got on my account and locked me out.
I was gonna go 800 q jet but that's gonna go on the 79 malibu oval racer

Last edited:

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh yeah I'm the same way. I don't buy old cars to stare at them. If I got a good clean roller I'm gonna stick a motor in and drive it like I stole it. Same with that numbers matching crap I don't care about none of that either.