Vortec valve cover tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just putting this out there to help anyone that may find themself with this issue. Taller than stock Valvetrain trying to run the OEM vortec accessories. The Vortec valve covers are about 2.5" tall. Traditional perimeter bolt valve covers are 2.75" tall. My assault racing heads were built to run either cover. You can fit perimeter bolt short style valve covers under the compressor bracket with some very minor grinding on the outer compressor mounting boss. If you run an aftermarket Valeo or Sanden replacement compressor that has a slightly smaller diameter body the compressor does not even need to be shimmed up. Really beats trying to add 3.5" tall center bolt covers where you have to space the compressor up and cut away the entire driverside rear compressor mounting point. With a standard gasket the raised valve cover rail of the centerbolt head gave me plenty of clearance to run 1.7 rockers and 0.100" longer valves under them. Just make sure to grab a set of poly locks that are shorty style.