Vortec heads on stock TBI 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I won't touch a Delco pump these days. Delphi only for me. EP381 is the Delphi number.
Funny a couple years ago I went through 2 Delphi pump modules in a friends Cherokee before we finally went to a Bosch one. Most of the Bosch stuff i've used since has been from mexico or south america. I use to be hardcore Delco only, but not as much now unfortunately....

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I’ll go ahead and upgrade while the bed is off.

sync

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, it'll work fine :waytogo:

Edit: This one comes with everything you need to do the swap.
www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-ep381

I assume this is the same thing.

TbiVortec88

Reaction score
Hi. I’m new to the forum and had some questions about my 1992 Chevrolet Cheyenne. It recently had a set of 906 vortec heads installed on an otherwise completely stock tbi 350, now it’s not running all that well. When accelerating hard it chokes and wants to stall. Sometime backfires. It also does not idle well when it is cold. I’ve been told I need to put in a newer model vortec fuel pump, and up the fuel pressure to 18 psi. Also upgrade the exhaust and get a chip installed. Any guidance and help from anyone on here would be appreciated. Thanks!

TbiVortec88

Reaction score
Hey just saw this today. I have a pretty tight Vortec Tbi conversion. You have to upgrade almost the entire fuel system. I did a 255lph fuel pump from Tre Performance. I upgraded injectors and the injector pod to a unit from Affordable Fuel Injection to a "Tbi Tuner Injector ķit". https://www.ebay.com/itm/Injector-T...p4429486.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

To run this kit you need a divorced style adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I had my stock throttle body ported and rebuilt( By Norm at Affordable Fuel Injection), and Tbi spacer and Gmpp Vortec Tbi Intake bored to 2 inches. I'm running Pacesetter Shorty CARB Compliant headers, egr, and egr from a 1995 motor. I also have a CompCam 08-500-8 roller cam, 1.6 roller rockers, with LS6 springs and retainer upgrade, 3 Inch y pipe, heated O2 sensor, single in/ dual out Dynomax Ultraflo muffler, 3 Inch Cat, 2500 Boss Hog Stall(lockup), Stage 3 Bowtie Overdtive 700r4 rebuild kit, with 4L70E internals, upgraded pump, Eaton Trutrac with 4.10 gears. I also upgraded my ecm to Dynamic Efi Ebl Flash. Currently doing a Mechman 250 Amp alternator upgrade, with a under driven pulley kit.

Last edited: