Vortec block and heads

Discussion in 'Engine Performance + Maintenance' started by Tim W, Dec 1, 2019.

Car Parts
  1. sntrym

sntrym I'm Awesome

The one I linked above is the proper one to use for TBI injection with Vortec heads. It's a GM part. I found mine on eBay for a lot cheaper than new, so check around, you might find one.

Otherwise, there are a ton of carbureted ones but not a lot with the rear coolant outlet. You'll have to look around.

Update - part numbers 12486572 or 12496821. They are the same part, just different numbers for some reason.

2. Tim W

Tim W I'm Awesome

Mine is a little different set up. I dont have the factory TBI any more. I have a sniper and no EGR. Edlebrock has one made for a vortec with out an EGR.

I just read my current intake specs. Its made for a vortec and supposedly has all of the provisions including water inlets in all 4 corners. I know it has two up front bc i have one plugged with a dash temp sensor and one for my sniper. When i get my truck back im going to look in the back to see if the holes are plugged and i just didn't notice

3. sntrym

sntrym I'm Awesome

Which model Edelbrock intake do you have?

4. Tim W

Tim W I'm Awesome

Mystery is solved. The truck came with a counter clock rotation water pump and I put a clock wise rotation pump. I have a professional products intake now which im not to thrilled about. The intake is made for a vortec

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. sntrym

sntrym I'm Awesome

Depeding on which model, it looks like there are two ports up front, one on either side of the tstat, that could be used for circulation with a fitting. There may also be two on the back but I can't tell from the pics I see.

6. Tim W

Tim W I'm Awesome

There is are some ports in the back that are gona be used too