Vortec (5.7) stand alone harness??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What can be removed from a Vortec harness for a stand alone install? This is for a manual transmission vehicle.
My list that I can think of is:
-All transmission wiring
-Rear o2 sensor wires
-EGR wires

what else is there?

I want to install this into a 94 TBI truck with Tuned Port Injection and manual transmission

Last edited:

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
MAF no.
Crank I assume I have to keep
Front o2’s same thing thought I’d have to keep

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Throw the Vortec EVAP in the list; I don't really thing it does anything worthwhile, just emissions stuff. Unless the TBI setup requires it (I don't know?)

But what @MrPink makes more sense...

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as I know there is not a TPI intake that will fit the vortec heads, unless I am wrong.

There is a base that fits Vortec heads. If I decide to stick with the Vortec heads I’ll have to source a base for them

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
What is your goal for this? And why not just build the TBI v8 that you have, swap in some aluminum heads, electronic fuel injection(Holley Sniper, etc...) or go carb, a decent cam etc.. You are making a ton of work on yourself to gain maybe 20-30hp from a TPI setup, you'd gain more from just a head swap, cam, better EFI, headers, exhaust, instead of doing TPI. It was a crap setup when it came out and still is a crap setup today.

if you are absolutely dead set on the TPI setup use it's harness not a vortec one its easier and you won't have to buy injector plugs and risk fubaring the wiring up trying to tie it all in.

Last edited:

94K3500PROJECT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is your goal for this? And why not just build the TBI v8 that you have, swap in some aluminum heads, electronic fuel injection(Holley Sniper, etc...) or go carb, a decent cam etc.. You are making a ton of work on yourself to gain maybe 20-30hp from a TPI setup, you'd gain more from just a head swap, cam, better EFI, headers, exhaust, instead of doing TPI. It was a crap setup when it came out and still is a crap setup today.

if you are absolutely dead set on the TPI setup use it's harness not a vortec one its easier and you won't have to buy injector plugs and risk fubaring the wiring up trying to tie it all in.
-Goal is torque
-I will likely do a head swap or at minimum the Vortec heads.
-A cam is a given
-I don’t care about horsepower. See #1
-I would never swap on a carb, and a sniper or any other TBI type injection is just going backwards from where I want to be
-There isn’t a single better intake system for a truck, for any engine from any manufacturer than a TPI system.
-I have a TPI harness and Vortec harness

Im trying to gain easier tuning, sequential injection as opposed to batch fire and easier tuning for boost

Last edited: