Vortec 454 (7.4L) Fuel Injector Clips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got everything torn down and the old injectors out in prep for new 5-0 Motorsports injectors but was not expecting those goofy injector retainers. I had to cut one of the sides of one to get it off without breaking the nub on the rail and Chilton's says to discard them. Checking stocks and no one has them so am I safe to reuse them and have just one that's 50% intact?

Thanks

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been there, done that. The fuel rail plastic nubs get brittle. Unbelievable that Chiltons says to discard the clips. I got all of them off with very careful prying and only broke 1 nub a little bit, used zip ties looped through the clip, held it very securely.

Very gentle spreading of the tabs on the clips using a small flat screwdriver goes a long way to getting them off without breakage, btw.

Richard

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used a gasket hook and right angle pick to gently bend them out before pulling them off with screwdrivers. I cut the side of one because it had gotten crooked and was starting to bend the nub.

I put them back on and they all snapped in place though I might add a zip tie to the one that I opened the side up on.

CTX-SLPR

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been on and off 4 times sorting through the 5-0 Motorsports O-ring issues but they still snap on and off properly. If I had to pull them again I'd probably need to bend the tabs back down a bit so they aren't loose but so far they don't seem to have a life span within reason.

gwolf

Reaction score
The replacement AC Delco injectors I got from Rock Auto all came with brand new clips, I used em but really mine were fine.