Visitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Had a similar experience at my dad's place Sunday. Had just swapped hoods between the truck and Tahoe and these two ladies walked up...
You must be registered for see images attach

My dad feeds them twice a day. One has got a little one on the way.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Had a similar experience at my dad's place Sunday. Had just swapped hoods between the truck and Tahoe and these two ladies walked up...

My dad feeds them twice a day. One has got a little one on the way.

Couple years ago in my garage i was takin a break havin a beer n a chubby lil raccoon walked in door n just sat there n looked at me. At my parents garage years before that i had one try to walk down a 2x4 tbat was leaned against rafters. He got bput halfway down n the 2x4 rolled over n he had to shimmy down the underside. Still got their pics somewhere.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Couple years ago in my garage i was takin a break havin a beer n a chubby lil raccoon walked in door n just sat there n looked at me. At my parents garage years before that i had one try to walk down a 2x4 tbat was leaned against rafters. He got bput halfway down n the 2x4 rolled over n he had to shimmy down the underside. Still got their pics somewhere.

Lol!
Raccoons are nuts! My oldest brother caught a baby one that was sadly hanging out with its flattened mother on the road. It became his best friend for 4 years. It had full run of the house and went everywhere with my brother. One day he went to feed it, and it attacked. He had to kill it to get it to stop attacking. 36 stitches. In '19, I started feeding a pregnant one. She eventually brought me her 4 little ones. They had no problem climbing around on me like a tree. Once they doubled in size and started "play biting", I knew I had to call it quits. Was fun while it lasted, though.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Lol!
Raccoons are nuts! My oldest brother caught a baby one that was sadly hanging out with its flattened mother on the road. It became his best friend for 4 years. It had full run of the house and went everywhere with my brother. One day he went to feed it, and it attacked. He had to kill it to get it to stop attacking. 36 stitches. In '19, I started feeding a pregnant one. She eventually brought me her 4 little ones. They had no problem climbing around on me like a tree. Once they doubled in size and started "play biting", I knew I had to call it quits. Was fun while it lasted, though.

Think if u catch em or tame em u can take em in to get rabies vaccines. Ive heard lots of people raise em after that n never have issues. Like other animals tbough all got their own personalities.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Raccoons as pets should be spayed or neutered.
Mellows out the aggression as they get older.
Buddy had one for a dozen years or so. Behaved like a curious big house cat. Leash trained! He'd take it for walks around the block.
They like to wash their food. A sugar cube would mess with his head. He'd wash it & it would dissolve before he could eat it! Even at 10 years old he'd still fall for it. Look of confusion & disappointment, everytime!
Somebody shot it one night with a .410 while it was in it's pen in the backyard.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A mate had a visitor in his garage - or several. He took to paragliding last year and went to look everything out a few weeks back to start flying again with the better weather. It was then he found what the mice had done to the canopy.... £850 ($1200) repair bill.

What is it about mice? If you put down a £100 note and a £5 note, they'd chew the £100 one. How do they know?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I had a coworker that had skunks as house pets. He got them before their eyes were open and he said they acted just like dogs. But they liked dairy queen banana splits, lol.

Still had the scent glands in all of them too, I suppose thats probably just as good or better theft deterrent as large dogs, lol.