Visitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back about 1988 or so I was pulling the 3 speed out of my 70 F-100
My floor jack wouldnt work so I decided to just lay underneath the truck and drop it on my chest and wiggle out while holding the trans.
Got it unbolted and landed on top of me.
And that is when the neighbors three pug dog puppies escaped and got under the truck with me.
Face licking snorking little no tails to wag dog tongues in my ears puggy dog drool.
While pinned to the floor by a transmission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back about 1988 or so I was pulling the 3 speed out of my 70 F-100
My floor jack wouldnt work so I decided to just lay underneath the truck and drop it on my chest and wiggle out while holding the trans.
Got it unbolted and landed on top of me.
And that is when the neighbors three pug dog puppies escaped and got under the truck with me.
Face licking snorking little no tails to wag dog tongues in my ears puggy dog drool.
While pinned to the floor by a transmission.

Sounds like they timed that perfectly!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Had a place in an old commercial building in small town TN years ago. Was out back in the loading dock area washing the truck just before dusk. Rolled the door down and locked up for the night, laid down to sleep, but something felt weird...can't explain it. Got up to look around to discover a bat in the front room hanging from the windowsill. I tried swatting it down (gently) with a broom and it lands on the carpet and just crawls around with its wings spread, hissing at me. I finally scooch it outside the front door and it's just eyeballing me, and hissing. It sat there for a while but finally one of the times I went to check, he'd taken off.

Still have pics somewhere of that sumbitch if I can find em..

Richard

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep
Sounds like they timed that perfectly!
, the snorking and the doggy drool.
When i was much younger, I was under my POS 1976 Audi.
Turned my head and this foot long freaky looking lizard thing was under the car with me.
Got the **** out and asked my Dad what it was.
He told me it was a salamader.
Told me to get the **** out cuz he was watching wheel of fortune.
On the way out he told me not to pet it or lick it cuz they are toxic.
Yep Dad, that was my plan.
I was all about licking that freaky thing.
Some strange **** can happen when your daily is on jack stands.
Gravity, frame rot, ex wives popping up, snakes, scorpions, dog drool,
The Scottsdale Cops...
Basically, not covered by the warranty.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hah! I knew I had those pics around somewhere. This is in full hiss mode, I've pissed him off totally at this point and am failing to get him to scooch outside the door.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

I've had a couple of those crawling across the kitchen floor. They roost in the roof space during summer and somehow a couple have managed to make it down through the wall space into the kitchen. Must be a pretty arduous journey as they're half dead by the time they arrive. Ironic given they can fly thousands of miles but can't make it downstairs without dying. Nature, 'tis weird stuff.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My dad had some neighbors years ago who raised tumbling pigeons that would do backflips in flight. (Birmingham Rollers maybe?) One year they released some too early and the birds never went back to the coop. Most of them left the area all together but there was one that would fly into my dad's garage almost daily and sit on top of his refrigerator while he was out there. He could walk right up to it without startling it. No idea why it liked him so much, but that was his garage buddy for a few years.

He got a grainy cell phone picture of it one day (back in the flip phone days) and I have it saved somewhere, can't find it right now to save my life though.