Vinyl Wrap vs Paint Job

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
My 95 Suburban is not the most attractive looking vehicle on the planet. It's an odd blue color, with gray/silver accents, and the previous owner started painting the hood silver and never finished, with what looks to be spray paint. Soon I'm hiring somebody to sell my web design and he will be driving the Colorado so I'll be driving the suburban a lot and I want it to be presentable if I show up at clients.

A paint job is too expensive, but what about a vinyl wrap? Has anybody done one of those? May as well do it with my company colors at that point. Thoughts? About how much does it cost on something this big? Does it end up looking good and lasting for a while?

You must be registered for see images attach

And don't tell me I don't know how to park - it was intentional so I'd have a place to park my Colorado upon arriving home :)

My business color palette:

You must be registered for see images attach

Hopefully these colors are OK to print on a wrap. I think I would do white for the primary color then do what I did on my business card with a dark blue stripe near the bottom with the web address on it and then put logo and text and whatever above that.

Last edited:

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The places that do vinyl wraps around here are hit and miss. Some look pretty good and others look horrible. They had a Camaro wrapped at the dealer I worked at and I want to say they charged 2k-3k to wrap it and GM sent the wrap for it. Whatever place you go to I would look at the cars they have already done.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I looked at doing it and the cost was way higher than I expected (to do it right). The cost for a good vinyl wrap covers the majority of the cost for a new paint job....

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
I know im going to get shot up for saying this but... What about plasti dip? Look up "dipyourcar" on youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I looked at doing it and the cost was way higher than I expected (to do it right). The cost for a good vinyl wrap covers the majority of the cost for a new paint job....

That's what I figured. Better than 1/2 way there to doing something more permanent.

I know im going to get shot up for saying this but... What about plasti dip? Look up "dipyourcar" on youtube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loadin' up the .410 right now! Lol!

mistaake

Reaction score
Well, that idea is out :'( I'm not going to spend $3k on it. I was hoping it was like $500-1000 for the whole thing :/

What can I do to make the burb look better? I already got new 265/75/16 tires (well, not new, i took them off my 98)

A previous truck I had looked a lot better when I removed the running boards. I think they are practical on the Suburban though, especially if I end up doing the 3" body lift and 285 size tires.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If are just wanting it presentable and cheap, I would sand it, fill any dents, spot prime those spots and buy some Omni or comparable cheap paint plus clear and paint it yourself, it is not that difficult especially if you are just wanting it presentable and not show quality, should be doable for a few hundred bucks. Also you don't have to have a paint booth or anything for just presentable, I have seen some pretty decent paint jobs that were done outside, not that I am suggesting that but just an option.