Vin numbers curiosity of years since we're rounding the circle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I doubt you'd ever find a duplicate VIN in the last 40 years.

Also I wouldn't trust those VIN websites.... they often don't allow for things that would change the outcome. They'll often list multiple plants were a vehicle was assembled simply because the letter/number was re-used and they have no coding to tell the determine which one it actually was. They've got a really scammy vibe to them too.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you want a 100% accurate VIN lookup complete with all RPO codes and their descriptions, compnine.com is great. It's not free though, lookups are $5. Other members here have reported that some early trucks aren't in their database unfortunately, but it should be good for most of them.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want a 100% accurate VIN lookup complete with all RPO codes and their descriptions, compnine.com is great. It's not free though, lookups are $5. Other members here have reported that some early trucks aren't in their database unfortunately, but it should be good for most of them.
Nicely I'll probably have to try it sometime thank you

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nicely I'll probably have to try it sometime thank you
I think one of our members is still able to run vin's through them for us, no charge; his username is @1ton-o-fun. He's run 2 for me, and I have learned a lot about my trucks from that information.