Vin Decoder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeckArtist

Reaction score

T-Yaz

Reaction score
Entered my VIN from the link in the first post, didn’t go any farther because I’m too cheap to spend the $5, but figured out me and my truck have the same freaking birthday minus the year. I was born in 1993, apparently my truck was built on June 28, 1994 I presume as one of the last ‘94 models. I assume most companies switch over in like July to making the next year’s models. Quite a pleasing find though. :)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That gm-trucks link is dead and compnine costs money.

"someotherguy" over at chevytalk.org made a VIN decoding card.

https://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showtopic.php?tid/251564

At that link he's also got another link for RPO codes for a document he created. It's not 100% complete (lists my paint code wrong) but it's pretty good.
Wow; just saw this mention - that RPO list is from the web, not claiming any credit for it. I actually have no idea who compiled it...I just hosted and shared it as it's been really helpful.

Some RPO codes get recycled over the years, which is why you'll find some to be incorrect for your vehicle. For example in GMT400 world an MT8 is the early NV4500 5-speed; the RPO list I found has it as an 18 speed (presumably heavy truck trans.) :)

G80 is another one that causes a good deal of confusion since it's a locker (Eaton Gov-Loc) in a GMT400, but in car applications is often a posi-trac - and in this RPO list it does indicate posi-trac.

Richard

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I got tired of every free VIN decoder giving me 1 or 3 different options from the other site. So, compnine.com got my $5 for up to 5 vins. I ran my cclb, my ecsb, my Tahoe and my Crown Vic. All were spot on. I will spend $5 again if I ever need to. Very pleased.