Very Bad experience with gmachinz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I never gave the follow up as I was so pissed at the matter. That message was posted immediately after I got a tracking mumber..which came days after I started a PayPal dispute. Once I opened the package and saw that the wrong parts were sent, I tossed the whole thing in the garbage and said screw it.

I’m not an isolated instance..other forums have members with similar experiences that involve disputes ultimately going to PayPal resolution. The kicker is he would log in daily on this site (and other sites), and not respond.

I get it..you sell long enough you’re gonna have a bad experience or two. The list is quite long with this particular member.

As a seller, I wouldn’t ever let it get that far. I remain responsive. I recently sold a switch and usps misplaced it. I asked him to wait a week and if it didn’t show I’d issue a refund-even if it costs me money. As a seller, that is my risk. Ultimately the package showed up 2 weeks late, but did show up.

So how do you feel about everyone being told not to buy from non vendors seeing as you sell stuff here too?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So how do you feel about everyone being told not to buy from non vendors seeing as you sell stuff here too?

I have no dog in this fight, and @Shaggy is the only one who can really clarify what he meant, but I didn't take that statement as being directed at people like Hobbs. I interpreted it more as a thing related to people selling their own products. Hobbs just sells junkyard parts. If buying from non-vendors was completely discouraged here we wouldn't have the classifieds subforum.

Like I said, up to Shaggy to clarify, but I think his message was more of a buyer beware warning than anything.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I don’t think that is what happened here. If you’re upset with the decision, reach out to an admin or moderator. I’m a member who likes to help folks out-what this forum was based upon. A bunch of folks who come together to share info and help one another.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I don’t think that is what happened here. If you’re upset with the decision, reach out to an admin or moderator. I’m a member who likes to help folks out-what this forum was based upon. A bunch of folks who come together to share info and help one another.

I'm not upset in the least. I just think the whole thing is a little dramatic for what it was. I've bought a few things here without incident. IMO, ban the guy causing the issues and leave it be. Sometimes the sponsors are the biggest crooks and the guys like you give the best service, everyone understands it's a buyer beware world now.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not upset in the least. I just think the whole thing is a little dramatic for what it was. I've bought a few things here without incident. IMO, ban the guy causing the issues and leave it be. Sometimes the sponsors are the biggest crooks and the guys like you give the best service, everyone understands it's a buyer beware world now.

I’ll admit-my initial post was a bit dramatic-I was pissed. I’ll own that all day long. The facts didn’t change though.

I posted my experience and since then a few others have surfaced. A quick google search indicates same problem on other sites.

I absolutely love going to the junkyard and finding parts-so much that I try to go on vacations (wife wasn’t thrilled with me buying a bumper in rural nowhere and bringing it home from a weekend getaway!) I equally love getting them to folks who need them. I’m also a weird duck.

But I think it’s time to close this out-hopefully troublesome folks will steer clear of the site and we can all continue to help each other out.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

Read the post below again and really take in what is being said. I am sure this was what he was talking about. Not people like you or Hobbs. There are vendors. People who make items for sale (RPM graphics, MeanGreen aka ****** dick, etc...). Then there's people like you and me who sell parts we either don't need anymore or we scavenged from a local yard because they are sought after. I think you took his response the wrong way.

I have no dog in this fight, and @Shaggy is the only one who can really clarify what he meant, but I didn't take that statement as being directed at people like Hobbs. I interpreted it more as a thing related to people selling their own products. Hobbs just sells junkyard parts. If buying from non-vendors was completely discouraged here we wouldn't have the classifieds subforum.

Like I said, up to Shaggy to clarify, but I think his message was more of a buyer beware warning than anything.

wiscomick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but.... It's not like this place is bustling with activity. Yeah, the guy was slow on communication but in the end no one was screwed here. I don't see the point in banning anyone, quite the opposite actually, we should be encouraging more participation. It's hard enough to find decent people in regards to these trucks amidst the sea of know-nothing knuckleheads with 1500 dollar crapbox trucks, why we'd want to ban anyone with something real to bring to the table is beyond me.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but.... It's not like this place is bustling with activity. Yeah, the guy was slow on communication but in the end no one was screwed here. I don't see the point in banning anyone, quite the opposite actually, we should be encouraging more participation. It's hard enough to find decent people in regards to these trucks amidst the sea of know-nothing knuckleheads with 1500 dollar crapbox trucks, why we'd want to ban anyone with something real to bring to the table is beyond me.
@Z71Hobbs got screwed by this guy, so you're wrong there. I don't see anything wrong with banning someone who has repeatedly broken the trust of forum members and who didn't follow the rules for a vendor on this site. I don't think bans should be handed out like bottled water in Flint, MI, but I think it was justified here.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, the guy was slow on communication but in the end no one was screwed here.

I would recommend that you re-read the last few posts on page two if that's what you took from this.

Also if gmachinz was slow on communication once or twice, that's understandable. I've been here since he first showed up and it's been the same thing over and over again. I've lost count of the complaints I've seen about him. Not to mention mixed reviews on his products. We may not be "bustling with activity" here, but you're contradicting yourself by saying he brought anything unique to the site other than his atrocious business practices. There are other places to buy headlight harnesses. Good riddance, I say.

EDIT - I've been a member here since 2012 and I've seen literally two bans handed out, including this one. The admins here don't just fling the banhammer around.