Verifying front hd brakes fitment on base truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im needing to replace rotors and pads on my 89 C1500. Going to getnew bearings,seals, and calipers also. Im looking at getting the heavy duty F44 code rotors, pads, and calipers to make sure they are a matched set from the beginning. Are the spindles the same? I know the bolt pattern is the same, 5x5. The rotors are thicker on the hd rotors from what I have looked up. To be completely sure, will the F44 brake rotors, pads, and calipers be a completely fab free bolt on deal? Are the brake line banjo bolts the same also?

Im gong to be towing a 16 ft car trailer to Iowa from Alabama, stock brakes are not the best, but are worn and rotirs are warped. Thicker rotos and ceramic pads will help. Trailer does have brakes thankfully.

Thanks for verifying fitment or telling me it wont work.

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap. Well, I geuss Ill be looking in some junkyards or just replace with better quality stock type parts. Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Easy enough to swap the spindles and a used pair shouldn't cost you much. Easy to find too as they will be stock equipment on the extended cabs, and any pickup body combo from 91-up, SUV's from 92-up. You can get them from C1500's and also the 6 lug "light duty" C2500; same spindle.

Richard

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill try my local racing forum. They have a decent amount of people who may have the spindles.

Toddy

Reaction score
The police package Tahoe’s had better brakes on them. The calipers had leger pistons and had strong clamping power. Cheap easy sway for better braking. I’m putting them onto my z71

MarkZ28

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Police Tahoe brakes wont work then. Once I find the spindles Ill order the rest of the brakes new. Already have the Russel flex brake lines on the way.