Valve Seals!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Thank you. I am having a difficult time with figuring this out. This o-ring if put just below the keepers, appears to just sit on the shaft of the valve and it floats up and down? The o-ring looks like it will not sit in any stationary or sit firmly in any moving part. It looks like it is just there. I have single groove valves. o-rings in my kit can slip past the retainer. I swear it looks like they will just move from the seal to the locks at any given time.

https://www.autoblueprint.com/Articles/ValveStemSeal/Technical_Article_Valve_Seal_Replacement.html

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome! That was an excellent writeup!! I can see now that the o-ring fits in the groove of the valve. My valves do not have that groove.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
who's valves do you have? those orings arent used on the more modern valves, as they have mostly gone to the press fit seals. the older style seals work for the older type valves and guides because they wear quicker and have higher tolerances which would destroy the newer type seals. cast guides are kinda like the dinosaur these days.

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

cngodfather

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are the valves. stainless steel --undercut --- +.100" length

What are your thoughts on using positive viton seals for both the intake and exhaust?

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, use them on both valves. looks like manley flow valve? call manufature and find out how lite you can go on springs. that is necessary before you start cutting anything.

Last edited:

PANHEAD

Reaction score
the text says 305.. the worst chevy enging next to a 307 do u even know what a panhead is????