Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Absolutely!!! Old but not obsolete and not to down grade anyone’s ride but buying new is nice an should be because it’s newer not because it’s actually nice or will age well and spending all the money upfront as you said along with everything else you have to pay towards keeping those wheels on the road you’re never gonna get back into the black on any of the things people think is going to get them more ahead just deeper into paying for something that is slightly better in only a couple of areas but will leave you stuck with another bill in others since most don’t have the super in-depth scanner to pin point problems and yes it’s nice to have newer things but the newer trucks are more what a luxury sedan was than a truck soft closing tailgates and everything is put onto them as you don’t need to lift a finger it parks lowers all these things it self. like wtf!!! Your a man/guy/dude right? You wonder why you gotta go to the gym that’s why you’re not having to use your body to do the simple things trucks are for MEN men especially gmt400s not to exclude or gens but this is gmt400 site so gmt400s is the talk and not excluding women just making a point of a lot of newer truck owners “status symbol” And yes if your a farmer or tow a lot I get those things but the average guy NO all that’s just salesman points to get your butt into the drivers seat with that big payment in the passenger seat

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely!!! Old but not obsolete and not to down grade anyone’s ride but buying new is nice an should be because it’s newer not because it’s actually nice or will age well and spending all the money upfront as you said along with everything else you have to pay towards keeping those wheels on the road you’re never gonna get back into the black on any of the things people think is going to get them more ahead just deeper into paying for something that is slightly better in only a couple of areas but will leave you stuck with another bill in others since most don’t have the super in-depth scanner to pin point problems and yes it’s nice to have newer things but the newer trucks are more what a luxury sedan was than a truck soft closing tailgates and everything is put onto them as you don’t need to lift a finger it parks lowers all these things it self. like wtf!!! Your a man/guy/dude right? You wonder why you gotta go to the gym that’s why you’re not having to use your body to do the simple things trucks are for MEN men especially gmt400s not to exclude or gens but this is gmt400 site so gmt400s is the talk and not excluding women just making a point of a lot of newer truck owners “status symbol” And yes if your a farmer or tow a lot I get those things but the average guy NO all that’s just salesman points to get your butt into the drivers seat with that big payment in the passenger seat

WTF are you babbling about? No one wonders why they go to the gym. You go to get stronger and more fit. Closing a tailgate on an old truck doesn't do that for you.

You could've just said "GMT400s are awesome, no-frills workhorses. New trucks are unnecessary and expensive."

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy lack of punctuation Batman....
I agree with most of what you said. I don't wanna be like everyone else, so I take the money I could spend on a newer truck and spread it across several vehicles. I don't want a lifted diesel mall crawler on 24x12s, saggin in the ass, with rock lights and every damn light bar rigid sells attached. I'd rather have what I got.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes I know the lack of punctuation. Yes metaphorically. Last but not least the point wasn’t of reasons or wonderment to go to the gym. It’s in people now seem to not be able to lift a lift gate or tailgate w/o slamming the fog **** out of it due to having to use much more than they’re used to using muscle wise was the point! but I’m probably writing this to someone that does those things then complains about how it’s “broken,worn out or just a piece of crap” vs knowing how to close/open these things w/o messing or over doing it!

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I know the lack of punctuation. Yes metaphorically. Last but not least the point wasn’t of reasons or wonderment to go to the gym. It’s in people now seem to not be able to lift a lift gate or tailgate w/o slamming the fog **** out of it due to having to use much more than they’re used to using muscle wise was the point! but I’m probably writing this to someone that does those things then complains about how it’s “broken,worn out or just a piece of crap” vs knowing how to close/open these things w/o messing or over doing it!
Knowing how to close or open a tailgate isn't really that hard. Check YouTube and you'll learn how to do it. Your welcome

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

My wife can't figure out how to close the glove box door in my gmt400. She has never been able to get it. There is nothing wrong with it... :anitoof:

The pussification of America.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
And yet somehow you neglected to show a picture of her with her truck...
Nice try, a specific line from a Supertramp song comes to mind here lol. But on a serious note, I don't feel I'm at liberty to share stuff of hers without her consent, especially on the web. I don't even have pics of me with my trucks, there might be old ones with her raggedy Ford truck from way back when but the only pic I remember specifically was when we both had '80's Town Cars. She's posing with her hands on both hoods and stuff. Not GMT400 related though.