Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sometimes GM does do a good job with their ads, they have this one for their centennial 2018 models.

It's neat...but I'd still probably take the one on the right.

You must be registered for see images attach

In 1973 I bought my dad's '71 K10 SWB with 22K on the odemeter, 350, TH350, Custom Deluxe. I paid $1850 for it. It got 15+ mpg on the highway.

And yes, it was probably the best truck I've ever owned. Like an idjit, I traded it in and bought a brand new '74 K10 LWB, 350, TH350. 25 less hp, 5 mpg less fuel mileage.........sheesh. It was not a good truck.

HawkDsl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well all I can say is my truck is priceless. It was the first new thing I ever bought, and it ain't going anywhere at any price. I want it placed on a single acre of land, and enclosed in a bullet proof glass case.. and a gold Plaque that say's "Hanks Truck, Don't F*#k With It".

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
HotWheels,
I’ve owned four square bodies, including a brand new ‘74 K10.
So I’m sticking to my story!.....:)
The first square body truck we had, my dad bought new in July 75, a 75 Sierra Classic long bed 1/2 ton,350 QJ/TH350. It was his toy, he fixed it up, and we towed a 23' Holiday Rambler trailer with it. The truck would do it-- just not with the a/c on!
We got a 78 Sierra for a shop truck for the parts store, same powertrain, but it ran a lot better. It was a Heavy Half and ran on regular (no cats). We put headers on it and duals with Walker blue glasspacks. It towed the same trailer, on several trips to Dallas from Houston and back. That truck was Colonial Yellow and had the Chevy wagon wheels painted to match, painted bumpers, mirrors, totally dechromed. It was a bad ass truck! Wish I still had it, but it sat too long and rusted out. The last square pickup was an 81 Sierra with a 305 2 barrel; it was a good truck, but not quite as cool as the yellow one. The other squares we had were Burbs: 75, 77,79,84, and 90,all half tons except 77 was 25(GMC) with a 454 and 90 was R2500 with 350/ turbo 400. That last one I miss the most, cause it was the one I wrenched on the most. Rebuilt the front end with a little help from Dad, but even he admitted that I did most of it. Now the stuff I do on the HotWheelsBurban is stuff I learned how to do from him.
Yes I will be the first to say that any GM except for a vette from 73 to 76 is not a performer without some help! Even the later corvettes were not that fast in that timeframe. And a quadra jet is a good carb if it's clean and has a good accelerator pump. I don't think I will ever forget what carburetor dip cleaner smells like! (Dad rebuilt a lot of carburetors, probably a couple on every car or truck we had, and he had a big collection.)

Last edited:

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yes I’m starting to see that and I think it’s a combo deal with a pinch of complication. Meaning that real honest all around tookin care of examples are harder n harder with lower miles will obviously bring best $$$! But there’s a few that I think fall just shy of that category being they’re trucks that get driven and enjoyed as mine does, in that being said they maybe even better than lower mileage ones due to actually have been “ took cared of” washed,waxed,fixed what needs fixed properly. And the few or many done in good taste modified ones. But I think in general it’s the same as the grandwagooner trend right now it’s all basic everything you actually need for getting where you want to go with a flare of style android school luxury added now not every gmt will offer that, because your already using your phone for gps and just need what’s needed to get sound from phone into/out the truck radio. but you can pick up what I’m laying down lol. I think all that wrapped up in a ball is what is the draw besides not forking over a house payment or house to own a new suv yes it’s great to have “latest and greatest” but anyone can just drive down to the dealership and get into a newer car but to be unique and your own style/persona
Sometimes you need/want a little old school things around to remind you of how it used to be and actually live look around not be in a bubble of electronics.!!! Thanks for taking time to read it’s a lot but hopefully it sums it up.

Ghost350

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts about how our trucks are getting more valuable and sought after/wanted. What makes them more sought after or valuable? Not that I don't believe it but I just want to know what's making them more valuable. What do you all think?

At least in my area, ive seen plenty of these trucks with over 200k with a decent body and such go for at least 3k all the time. Anything under 100k and the prices get downright ridiculous! Even though my 95 is a little rough around the edges, i felt for what i got that 2k was a decent price. The biggest appeal i see for these trucks is the simplicity, the massive aftermarket support and the fact you can use and adapt them for whatever you want to get into. Not to mention the price of newer used trucks is outrageous! Why spend 10k on a truck, when i can spend a few grand on a decent truck and fix it up any way i want.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Paid $9k for my 1999 K2500 Burb, and every single one of my friends thinks I'm an idiot for doing so. But none of them are car guys. To them, it's just a vehicle. Means of transport. Well, one is a car guy, but he drives a 2010 Silverado with the 5.3. And he thinks I was out of my mind for spending that much. But he spent $25k on his, used, and it only gets 15-17 mpg. I get 10-11 and have a better truck. Way better. I have 4wd, he doesn't. I have more torque. I have more USABLE torque. My interior is wider. My seats are far more comfortable. My radio has actual buttons.

To me, the 400 platform is on a pedestal that is untouchable. No other truck ever has, or ever will, be able to compare. To combine pure truck toughness and rugged, reliable, simplicity into a single rig combined with just the right amount of comfort. Not too much, but not a bur under the saddle either.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
At least in my area, ive seen plenty of these trucks with over 200k with a decent body and such go for at least 3k all the time. Anything under 100k and the prices get downright ridiculous! Even though my 95 is a little rough around the edges, i felt for what i got that 2k was a decent price. The biggest appeal i see for these trucks is the simplicity, the massive aftermarket support and the fact you can use and adapt them for whatever you want to get into. Not to mention the price of newer used trucks is outrageous! Why spend 10k on a truck, when i can spend a few grand on a decent truck and fix it up any way i want.

I recently found a '98 rcsb C1500 Sierra with a 350 and 13Xk listed for $15k! Like, jeebus!

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Last but not close to being least gmt400’s started all the hype of
“suv living” as we see today the market would not be what it is today without these trucks!!! Plus you just feel at home at ease no big time bill to pay no fuss of if it gets dirty n having kids now that doesn’t mean you disrespect the vehicle! If your ride is disrespected by kid or adult they need knowing because that that means they do not respect you to respect your things!!! Even if it’s a heep of metal if it gets you n yours to work,school,store,LIFE you treat it as if it was a fffffff Bentley!!! That’s what keeps money coming into your house and only matter of time till you get a better gmt400! Quote of the day and to live bye “ALWAYS BE IMPROVING PUSHING ONESELF FORWARD TO ACHIEVE BETTER THAN THE DAY,MONTH,YEAR BEFORE BE ONES BEST SELF HOLD YOURSELF UP TO A BIGGER BETTER STANDARD FOR YOUR YOUR ONLY ONE TO ELEVATE YOU TO BETTER/BIGGER HEIGHTS”!!!!!!!! BMFR OUT!!! = Bob ***** ****** Richards why because I’m that muthafucka!