Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I think I got lucky.. it has LOTS off miles showing (in the 260's) but the frame looks decent and its had a 350 replacing the original 305 and also the Trans has been gone through. The paint was done right over some dents but it is fine for now if one doesn't look too close. Its not a rustbucket so I will do interior first and fix dents last. While I bought it just as a toy and for local big box and dump trips I think I will go ahead and make it comfortable. I needed a new hobby anyway!

Mileage is irrelevant when the vehicle is kept up on. I use it to my advantage when bargaining though, especially if I plan on keeping a vehicle. That's really the only time I think about mileage, as I realize most other people look at that as a way to determine "how much is left." The reality is you can always pop another drivetrain in and keep going so long as it isn't rusted out. I wouldn't even worry about the exterior, it's mint.

Oh, new Chevy truck certainly looks like a Ford. Good thing I'm not even remotely interested in new vehicles. Bench seats, rubber floors, single camshaft & other simple tech for me.

Metallicblue

Reaction score
I think it's some of the old theory that guys want to have what they wanted or had in high school.
Guys that were in high school when these were out are now in their late 30 & 40's, and have the money for toys, projects, etc.

The squarebody trucks are hot right now & OBS trucks will follow suit.

These trucks have been cut up, hacked up, beat up, etc over the years & now to find one that hasn't been is getting tough.

I've already seen some clean trucks bringing GOOD money since they are had to find.
I've turned down a couple offers on my red 98 for more than its probably worth (& that some people would call me stupid for turning down).
I don't want to have to try to find another truck that clean.

I agree these trucks are a few years away from an increase in value.
You said it

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The front end looks like the animal from the movie predator.
All the new trucks, no matter what make, look like Transformers to me. Now the Chevy might be thinking " feed me Fords, I want to eat tin cans", but I don't know what's up with modern vehicle design. Doesn't really look like anything I would want.....

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the new trucks, no matter what make, look like Transformers to me.

That's EXACTLY how I describe the new GM trucks.

I've owned every generation of GM truck from the AD's to the K2XX's with the exception of the GMT900. And every truck after the GMT800 is plumb fugly. I mean, the new trucks even make the square bodies look good--and that's a friggin' feat.......

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
That's EXACTLY how I describe the new GM trucks.

I've owned every generation of GM truck from the AD's to the K2XX's with the exception of the GMT900. And every truck after the GMT800 is plumb fugly. I mean, the new trucks even make the square bodies look good--and that's a friggin' feat.......
Hey now square body trucks have their charm! I grew up with them,wish I hadn't had to get rid of them. And I love the AD's(we called them roundy tops back in the day), the task force, square tops, and round fenders too. The only newer generation Chevy pickup I've been around much is my cousin's 2015 crew cab. The 5.3 is pretty quick and the interior is really nice, but my Burb hauls more than it does cause it's a short bed with a tool box. And a blower motor is SO much easier to change on a square body truck.....and no special sockets needed

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Sometimes GM does do a good job with their ads, they have this one for their centennial 2018 models.

It's neat...but I'd still probably take the one on the right.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell yes you know what a grandpa fresh round fender truck like that one goes for nowadays?

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All the new trucks, no matter what make, look like Transformers to me. Now the Chevy might be thinking " feed me Fords, I want to eat tin cans", but I don't know what's up with modern vehicle design. Doesn't really look like anything I would want.....

Too stylised with too much detail that ends up like an over-decorated Christmas tree.

IMO, the GMT400 Suburban is a styling masterpiece. Clean distinctive lines (the prow in plan view), the semi-flush glazing (that Land Rover later copied for their Discovery), perfectly proportioned the way they sit over their wheels (probably why they look good stock, lifted or lowered) and are a perfect compromise between the ruggedness of a truck but with a touch of sophistication courtesy of the way it all comes together (the rounded bits!). The front (with its stacked lights) will never be bettered. Tough and classy.
Sorry if I'm coming over a bit pretentious - but the Suburban made me do that!