Using a 2wd truck for SAS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Winter DD, tow pig, having lockouts the WOW factor. To be honest I probably don't need a SAS but being I have access to 3 ford dana 60's makes the decision easier. Id like to go big but I still want it to fit in my garage. So probably 35's, front and rear lockers and just make it bulletproof.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
To me it sounds like you do not need as nice of a truck as that white one is.
For your needs a cheaper truck would leave you more money to play with when doing the swap. Plus, just a word of advice, take whatever you are expecting the cost to pay for your swap and double it.

Why not look at one of these?
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/2306274965.html
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/2306710431.html
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/2294280153.html

Just a thought though in the end it is your call.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
Money really isn't an issue just as long as i don't have to finance it. I just want something clean and nice. Id gladly pay more for a clean truck. I used to have a 06 Ram with a Cummins. The money I spend on that a month just to drive it could build something its just finding anything clean up here is hard.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Ya I did notice that by searching through your craigslist for a few minutes. O well if you want nice go for it. I could have sold you a nice crew cab last week man.

supertrucker1978

She Does???
Reaction score
If there wasnt a 1800 mile span I would have bought it in a heartbeat. Ive made the trek a few times and its really not fun.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
If you use the ORU kit there is a really low front crossmember on the 2WD models that will need to be cut off and replaced with another one. Most people put it right in the front and use it as a point to weld a reciever to.

4WD transmissions have a special tail end that allows a married transfer case to bolt up to it. If you were going to use a attached transfer case you will need a new transmission, or you could use a devoriced transfer case with your current transmission. I would probably upgrade the trans to something like a 4L80E anyways so you mise well get a 4WD trans.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 93 Chevy c1500 with a 6in spindle lift. Any suggestions on doing a SAS on it? I’m having trouble looking for the parts I need to complete this build