Urgent help, truck has no power at ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
There are two kinds of GMT400 owners: those who've never had this happen and argue that side posts are just fine, and those who've had this happen more than once and went top post. I won't even argue with side post proponents - their time will come. Just know that top post is the option if you never want this problem again.

I guess I'm a hybrid, then. I had issues with the sidepost until I figured out what I was doing wrong. I do not like top posts because they always seem to be corroded, and I hate the lead ends on them. The exception is my Volvos (yes it's plural now) they've goy some really nice terminals, which may not really be Volvo, but European.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'm a hybrid, then. I had issues with the sidepost until I figured out what I was doing wrong. I do not like top posts because they always seem to be corroded, and I hate the lead ends on them. The exception is my Volvos (yes it's plural now) they've goy some really nice terminals, which may not really be Volvo, but European.
I'm not a fan of one over the other. Both work and both have issues. To be honest, I've probably had more trouble from top post connections in the past. Prior to figuring out it was to blame on the OEM (Operators Erroneous Methods) and noone to blame except myself and not correcting issues from the start.