Upper intake bolts/brackets and valve cover help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BkY32

Reaction score
So I did the mpfi upgrade got the intake back on just need to remember where some brackets go torque bolts and connect the connectors simple stuff. But as I was putting the studs back in I noticed 3 or 4 of them are shorter then the rest and I can not remember if it matters where they go I had photos but I got a new phone no longer have photos. So I am wondering if anyone on here knows I'm still searching to find out myself but can not seem to find anything. Also it appears something is missing from the driver side valve cover not clue what it is.
You must be registered for see images attach

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I did the mpfi upgrade got the intake back on just need to remember where some brackets go torque bolts and connect the connectors simple stuff. But as I was putting the studs back in I noticed 3 or 4 of them are shorter then the rest and I can not remember if it matters where they go I had photos but I got a new phone no longer have photos. So I am wondering if anyone on here knows I'm still searching to find out myself but can not seem to find anything. Also it appears something is missing from the driver side valve cover not clue what it is.
The bit you are looking for is lying there on top of the valve cover.

BkY32

Reaction score
Update that is a old shim for a starter I threw in with it all. Still not sure about that bracket. Or if it matter where each bolt goes back into the upper intake.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Update that is a old shim for a starter I threw in with it all. Still not sure about that bracket. Or if it matter where each bolt goes back into the upper intake.
If they are all the same length and size/thread pitch, probably not. I haven't tackled this job yet, so I don't know if that's the case.
I learned many years ago to look at things like that during disassembly, and note the difference if there was any. Ziplock bags are your friend on disassembly. And write on them with a sharpie marker, what they go to and where.

BkY32

Reaction score
If they are all the same length and size/thread pitch, probably not. I haven't tackled this job yet, so I don't know if that's the case.
I learned many years ago to look at things like that during disassembly, and note the difference if there was any. Ziplock bags are your friend on disassembly. And write on them with a sharpie marker, what they go to and where.
That is right. I didn't have bags at the time or else I would have I did the next best thing and took photos of each one but new phone so lost them. They are the same except like I said 3 give or take are shorter.

BkY32

Reaction score
From the bolt kit on the upper intake. The longer ones are for the evap purge solenoid.

Thank you.. Coming in clutch with that. What did you get this from. Cause I have few different books and it had nothing of this.