Upper corner lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I installed one of the sockets risers from a set of chrome clear corners a guy sent me. Clearance is tight. I like the idea of putting the socket riser on the grille. Only problem I can see is lack of sealing between the corner light itself and the grille. I can see moisture getting in real easy unless you use a thick rubber seal but that seems just thrown together. Up to you how you choose to do it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I see. I will be running stock Amber bulbs in mine. I know 194 LEDs are a little longer so I'll just have to look at real careful to decide what to do. Also do you have pictures?

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thankyou
I had just the hole for a long time with a metal clip holding it but they always leaked water inside. So I cut the socket out stock corner and epoxy it to not the corner it self but the grill. So all four corners are twist sockets

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Do you happen to have any pictures?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I see. I will be running stock Amber bulbs in mine. I know 194 LEDs are a little longer so I'll just have to look at real careful to decide what to do. Also do you have pictures?
I have a low profile LED bulb. It's a flat 8 chip setup in a 194 base. It is half the height of a normal 194 bulb. I don't have any close ups. I'll get some tomorrow.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with the lights staying on? If I wiggle the wires around near the socket, the light will go out. I don't know what the problem is. Top and bottom?

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have a problem with the lights staying on? If I wiggle the wires around near the socket, the light will go out. I don't know what the problem is. Top and bottom?
It does it on the top and bottom? That's odd. Change some bulbs out, check your contact points in your sockets (they can get really corroded and green) and check all your wires.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a low profile LED bulb. It's a flat 8 chip setup in a 194 base. It is half the height of a normal 194 bulb. I don't have any close ups. I'll get some tomorrow.

That would be great man thanks

97Tahoe4wd

Reaction score
definitely looking forward to doing this mod to my 97 tahoe. Just need some time to grab the donor parts from the upullit.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
**** I never grabbed pics. I've been hammering down on this Grand Prix transmission trying to get it out of my buddies garage so I can actually drive the damn thing.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is something I'm planning on, now that I got all my parts to do it.

Sent from my iPhone