Upper control arm contacting frame (stop)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Courchained

Reaction score
I think I read some where the factory Z height has 1.3 inches of thread showing on the adjuster bolt.?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I read some where the factory Z height has 1.3 inches of thread showing on the adjuster bolt.?
That might be a typical measurement, but it would be more coincidence than intentional. The Z height as measured by the GM procedure takes precedence over the position of the adjuster bolt.

Courchained

Reaction score
My guess would be at factory they set to the 1.3in. Then they adjust as needed to achieve the desired measurements at certain locations.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Be careful using the "lift" keys. Simple geometry says if the control arm pivot points remain the same you can only raise the vehicle a set amount before contacting the droop stop, regardless of which keys are used.

Hmmm... it's almost like I mentioned that in my 4th paragraph.

But. way to regurgitate!

Fast_Z71

Reaction score
I’m curious is it hitting with the tire on under the weight of the truck? They’ll sit on the bump stop if there’s no load on the suspension. If you like the ride height buy a set of skyjacker control arms that’ll correct the ball joint angle and increase travel. That’s if it is resting on the stop under the weight of the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadectist2002