Upper ball joint spacers for 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He's saying attach it to the bottom of the arm, not the top. From the factory, those cam bolts aren't adjustable. You need to remove the bolts, punch out the bits that are in there, and reinstall so the alignment shop can get the truck where it needs to be and you avoid paying them the labor to punch those things out for you.

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I get ahead of myself and forget to get into some detail sometimes. But yeah exactly what I was saying. If it's a 3/4 ton, chances are ball joints are already on the bottom of the UCA already tho.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
True, bit they're also more brittle. I know for mounting a race seat they recommend 5 over 8.

The stronger it is the less flexible and are prone to shearing somewhat easier than a lesser grade bolt. Gotta have some give before just breaking, unfortunately there is a fine line between how much u need it to give and how strong it needs to be and where they are going it's not a decision you wanna mess up on! Me personally would be putting grade 10 but I don't do big offroading.

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
I will get some pics of my upper control arms shortly weather is bad here now. I personally think grade 5 would be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk