Upper ball joint spacers for 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
I definitely don’t want to do anything sketchy and I like to do things the right way. I’m not trying to crank my bars just looking for some more droop when the wheel drops down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I definitely don’t want to do anything sketchy and I like to do things the right way. I’m not trying to crank my bars just looking for some more droop when the wheel drops down.

I hear ya, my initial thought was it'd screw with your geometry but that's not the case here. Only question now is if the longer bolts are still safe.

McBroom

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya, my initial thought was it'd screw with your geometry but that's not the case here. Only question now is if the longer bolts are still safe.
They'd have to be grade 8 or better for me to use them.
OP if the bolts are shiny silver dont use them. If they're a blackish green then they're good to go

The Blue Mule

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
OP if the bolts are shiny silver dont use them. If they're a blackish green then they're good to go

The Blue Mule

Is grade 5 or grade 8 the right answer here? With all the shock the suspension sees.

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score

The Blue Mule

This is exactly what I was thinking. I could always buy new hardware if it’s not but that’s an added expense.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is there another way?

Flip upper ball joints to bottom of upper control arm and knock out the extra slot for upper control arm bushings cam bolts. 3/4 and 1 ton come stock with ball joints on the bottom of the upper arms....then go get an alignment.

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score
Flip upper ball joints to bottom of upper control arm and knock out the extra slot for upper control arm bushings cam bolts. 3/4 and 1 ton come stock with ball joints on the bottom of the upper arms....then go get an alignment.

I’ve heard of this method as well but forgot. Only bad thing about that is I would have to pay for an alignment again. I guess either way I would though if I remove the ball joint to install spacer.

GreaseMonkey

Reaction score

After looking at this today there is no adjustment at the ball joint it just bolts to upper control arm. The cam bolts are at the other end of control arms. My truck is a 93 k2500.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
After looking at this today there is no adjustment at the ball joint it just bolts to upper control arm. The cam bolts are at the other end of control arms. My truck is a 93 k2500.

He's saying attach it to the bottom of the arm, not the top. From the factory, those cam bolts aren't adjustable. You need to remove the bolts, punch out the bits that are in there, and reinstall so the alignment shop can get the truck where it needs to be and you avoid paying them the labor to punch those things out for you.