Upper arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Stupid question but jce searched n no real answer came up. 96 c1500.... Will k1500 upper arms be the same dimension? Just wantin a cleaner look on my project.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that's a no go. For one, the ball joints attach to the arm differently, and if the tapers are different then that would be a problem. Plus you've got the frame attachment, and geometry to think about.

I know everyone is differnent, but I'd just blast and paint the stock arms... in fact I did exactly that on my 4x4, although I didn't use good paint. I sprayed the TSC BPS primer that's no longer sold, and then when over that with asphalt paint. The primer is awesome, and is still in place but the asphalt paint comes off the lower arms. I might have used some other black paint on the upper arms as they are still black.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No. But the forged arms from a 2wd 2500/3500 will bolt right up to the frame, however the ball joint won't fit the spindle. You can redrill the pattern to put the 1500 ball joint in, I think just 2 of the 4 holes are different.

Richard

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
No. But the forged arms from a 2wd 2500/3500 will bolt right up to the frame, however the ball joint won't fit the spindle. You can redrill the pattern to put the 1500 ball joint in, I think just 2 of the 4 holes are different.

Richard

I forgot about those... I actually have a pair from a G3500, that need bushings. I didn't know they would swap with the stamped arms, Though. I kind of assumed there was a difference between 5/6-lug and 8-lug.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep the forged upper from a 2WD 8 lug truck bolts right up on the 1500 frame, no problem, other than the ball joint issue I mentioned.

We did them on a buddy's project. He swapped over the entire 1 ton suspension though so there was no ball joint issue; it's running the 1 ton spindles and everything.

You must be registered for see images attach

If y'all remember that truck.. went from a V6 stepside to a slammed, cammed 502 big block shortbed dually :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Off topic as all the questions have been answered, but I'm glad to see you're still around Richard.