Upgrade steering parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
this fitment list shows it works on k1500 88-91 . and again I have it on my 94 k1500 . and has been now for the last 6-8 months driving her every weekend . steering feels tight and good like driving my 06 Colorado .

You must be registered for see images attach

Burdom13

Reaction score
Hopefully I'm in the correct spot. I have a 96 z71 1500. Was thinking about upgrading my steering from 1500 to 2500 or 3500 steering parts. Has anyone foes this or know if it's gonna be a bigger problem then I'm thinking.
i can make you some heimed tie rods for $350. this reqires drilling out the spindle ball joint taper to 5/8" and the center link to 5/8" as well. the misalignment spacers help to correct a tad of the bumpsteer issues associated with lifts. let me know. or if anyone wants a set let me know!! i can send pics of my work portfolio over the years

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1990 so this should work but does anyone know if this will work on a C1500 like it will on a K series? I re-read through the thread and that was the one part I was not sure about. I was told that 2x4 (C series) and 4x4 (K series) may use a slightly different spline count. Any help would be appreciated.

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1990 so this should work but does anyone know if this will work on a C1500 like it will on a K series? I re-read through the thread and that was the one part I was not sure about. I was told that 2x4 (C series) and 4x4 (K series) may use a slightly different spline count. Any help would be appreciated.
If you a speaking about the part I showed it was meant for a c3500 . But I have it on my 94 k1500 . Not saying it will But......... it worked for me . and i posted a list from gm parts store

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that Sir. I appreciate it. I ordered the shaft and will let everyone know if it works on the C-2wd side as well.

Garage Hack

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my 26015779 shaft. Doesn't look a whole lot different than the current shaft but both have shrouds around the joints so hard to tell at this point. I will post a follow-up once it is in.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
11610555 comes up as the bolt GM used with that shaft for me on my GM parts interface from work. The picture I found online it looks a bit longer.
Got one at the local GM stealership. They had it in stock. About $4. Yes, that bolt gives much more confidence--about a quarter-inch longer; seems perfect (as it should, since it's the proper bolt.)

Got my 26015779 shaft. Doesn't look a whole lot different than the current shaft but both have shrouds around the joints so hard to tell at this point.
Interesting. The 26015779 shaft I bought did not have a shroud.

Where did you get yours?

Last edited: