*unprofessional* Mechanic level scan tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a Solus for several years but only used it a couple times. The Snap-on man wanted $2500 for an update. I traded it for a bigger tool box but now I’m in need of another scan tool. I’m at an independent shop and don’t have any visits from the tool trucks.

I need something that will do CASE relearn and ABS bleed on my gmt400. If it will work on my truck it should work on just about anything else I’ll run into. I don’t need any programming functionality.
Do need Live data.
One of those Bluetooth OBD readers would be fine but I’ve got iOS products.

Also a computer program with a pass-thru device would be ok too (as long as it’s iOS compatible) that I can run on my MacBook.

Something less than $600. Preferably under $400. It’s not a commonly used tool at my shop. But it needs to be more than a glorified code checker.

What are y’all using?
I’m looking at the launch CRP909.
I emailed XTOOL about the A30M and they said it won’t do case and abs on a 96+ Chevy truck.

Here’s a random picture of my truck
You must be registered for see images attach

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Autel MS808s 669.00 on Amazon seems to be a decent deatl. I have a Snap on Solus edge and the Autel does things mine wont.. When I work on VW/Audi was easier to get the VCDS Program and cable. Than use the Snap on. One of the major things today is battery relearn/reset. Vehicles with battery management need to be "told" it has a new battery. Others have to be told that timing chains have been done. list goes on. My Snap On will not do battery relearn on a number of vehicles. The Autel will. The Autel will reprogram many vehicles key fobs, Snap On wont... List goes on

Last edited:

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score