Unknown Paint code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
My 1996 has same color DK Adriatic Blue. This is original paint.

HillcrestFarm

Reaction score
Hillcrest - the color offerings change quite a bit from year to year. His looks darker than that, to me, anyway.

Derek - do you have the codes for your '89?

Richard

Agree. That is why I gave the VIN Code website and the links to the GM Heritage Center material. For some reason the 1989 color section is missing, but the 88 version has them all listed out.

It appears to be called Pacific Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If his code is 39U then it’s same as mine- Dark Adriatic Blue. Or are you saying 39U was called Pacific Blue in 1988?

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m gonna call a gmc dealer tomorrow morning see if I can get the paint code. Its a really dark metallic blue. I was gonna do a complete color change but decided the blue is fine. I’d like to get the truck back to its original shape lie it was when I first bought it. It’s not gonna be a tow vehicle or anything like that and I don’t race people so I dont need 350 hp out of it either
Just wanna make it a nice cruiser

I took a pic of the option sticker but it’s too wasted to read.

Last edited:

HillcrestFarm

Reaction score
If his code is 39U then it’s same as mine- Dark Adriatic Blue. Or are you saying 39U was called Pacific Blue in 1988?

Mine is 39U. Go to the VIN website, enter your own VIN and it will give you the order codes for your truck.

I only copied mine so you would see an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I've checked several of the free VIN decoder sites. One says my truck has a 5-speed manual (I wish), but it has the 4L80E. Another site says my truck is yellow, but it's Olympic White. Yet another says cloth interior, -wrong again. www.compnine.com isn't free, but it is spot on. I believe you can check 5 VINs for $5. I spent the $5 and got accurate results for 3 GMT400s and a Crown Vic.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Yeah most are a scam one way or another. Free ones that is. This one http://www.free-vin-decoder.com/ is always correct for everything I’ve checked and free!

That's the one that says my truck is yellow. I'm the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner is close friend of the original owner. It's all original, and white.
I'm not being an arse, I'm glad it has been accurate for some, I'm just saying there seems to be some kind of discrepancy in one form or another with the free ones. (And it pi$$es me off, lol!)

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well like I’ve been saying for years
“Technology is overrated”. Whether you pay for it or not. Sorry it didn’t help you.