Unidentified Tranny Seal - quick question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all - in the middle of a 4L60E swap and the rebuilder gave me a bag of random o-rings, cooler line clips, etc. including this one pictured. It seems important... can anyone tell me where this thing belongs? Its about 2" dia.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

honkon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like output shaft seal. Or possibly front seal, hard to tell from pictures.
Has the transmission been rebuilt already? I doubt he would skip a seal like that, many rebuild kits come with multiple variations also, leaving leftover parts.

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like output shaft seal. Or possibly front seal, hard to tell from pictures.
Has the transmission been rebuilt already? I doubt he would skip a seal like that, many rebuild kits come with multiple variations also, leaving leftover parts.
Like honkon said. Front or rear seal.

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
its been rebuilt and looks complete. I lined it up on both in/outs and no chance it fits. Agreed that it is most likely an extra part. Thanks fellas.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The early 700s used a smaller input shaft than...'86 (?) and later. Would the front seal have been smaller on those than the later units?

Maybe it's something left over from a Toyota trans rebuild.