Underhood storage box useful or not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I never use either of mine for anything, but I like the spare fluids idea.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it’s a direct bolt on then yeah I would get it just for the hell of it. I rigged one up in my ‘93 because I didn’t know this but apparently the inner fenders are different ‘96 and up. I have a toolbox in the back so I really ended up have zero use for it and took it out. Does a good job of holding truck parts in the garage though.

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn,I want one now. Moving dual batteries inside cabin under rear seat to help weight distribution a little,and to more easily disconnect them...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Damn,I want one now. Moving dual batteries inside cabin under rear seat to help weight distribution a little,and to more easily disconnect them...

What are you doing with your truck where weight distribution is a concern? Also, how is it easier to disconnect the batteries in the cab and what makes disconnection a benefit?.... do you use a switch or plug?

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What are you doing with your truck where weight distribution is a concern? Also, how is it easier to disconnect the batteries in the cab and what makes disconnection a benefit?.... do you use a switch or plug?

:popcorn: You have my interest as well! lol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Do tell...hope you're using sealed battery boxes vented externally?

Richard

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A rotary multi-battery switch I found from dad's boat (off,1,2,and 1+2). I will take some photos. Not sure how much these Odyssey batteries weigh,but they feel plenty heavy to me. Bahahahahaha...

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also planning to install a voltage sensitive relay that divorces the two batteries from each other when vehicle isn't running...

Last edited:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I’ve actually got one cleaned up and ready to go! Lid taps in good shape, overall very clean. 35 plus shipping. Send me a pm if interested.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
The boxes are super useful, even though I have a tool box. Can't have too many boxes for putting things in. ;) I just carry a rag, a LED work light, and a quart of oil in the box. The tools, jumper cables, straps, wasp killer, ball mounts, etc. etc., goes in the tool box.